There are no standard prices for rough diamonds
Each diamond is unique,
also the yield from each rough diamond is unique...
To purchase at Ajediam, please:
- indicate your budget
- make an appointment to visit. There is a waiting list.
- viewing rough diamond parcels, Kimberley Certified only,
- pay by Bank Wire Transfer and collect your rough
How to calculate rough, raw, crude, uncut diamond prices.
Estimated selling prices:
Fine Rough: from + US $ 2,900 per carat
Commercial Rough: from + US $ 1,800 per carat
for the rough goods weight from 2.50 to 4.00 carats,
fine and Commercial.
Fine are better goods and priced about 50% higher than Commercial.
Determining prices of rough diamonds starts by evaluation of rough diamonds.
This requires a specific gemological knowledge as well as general expertise, structure analyzing about cutting during sorting technics by:
Classification of rough jewelry diamonds and industrial diamonds:
- Sorting by shape: octahedral, cubic, macle, and dodecahedron crystals,
determining their ultimate form in the rough
- Sorting by weight and size.
- Sorting by color.
- Sorting by distortions.
- Sorting by clarity, structure and structural defects: external and internal inclusions,
cliveages, marks, naart, maccles...
- Analyze to determine if a rough diamond is to be cleaved, sawed or retained.
- Analyze and detect of strain and stress within the internal molecular structure by
- Sketching of rough diamonds pinpointing impurities within the diamond.
Detect fake diamonds from natural, synthetic, replica, artificial and fake rough diamonds such as rough glass diamond coated.
Learn how to calculate rough diamond prices by diamond quality evaluation course at HRD, the Diamond High Council - AWDC